[olug] [OT] Firefox plugin

Kevin D. Snodgrass kdsnodgrass at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 22 02:31:05 CST 2015

Anyone know of a plugin for Firefox that will stop ALL HTML5 video from auto-starting?  I've tried a couple, but they all require me to block individual videos, like video ads, from playing.
Seems cnn.com and several other news websites think everyone wants to watch their video.  It can take over a minute for me to get the slider bar with the pause/play switch to show up, wasting my time.
Found some settings to change in Firefox, but they don't work.  Maybe there is some secret sauce config file voodoo I haven't found yet... Kevin D. Snodgrass