[olug] git frontends

Jay Bendon jaybocc2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 14:28:36 CDT 2015

I haven't used windows in years so i can't comment on what you need from a
local system perspective.

What do you need the frontend to do?

Just code reviews? Repository manipulation? Code browser?

for just code review, might want to look at http://getbarkeep.org/ was
originally built at ooyala under MIT license and opensourced and is now
maintained by its own community.  We used it internally for code review
until we switched to github enterprise, which is really nice, despite the
fact that its a black box we don't have access to.

Github Enterprise has everything you'd expect from github but in a totally
private enterprise package and is easily one of the better solutions for
managing git repositories, code reviews, etc.

A solid git branching model:
http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/ that i've used many
places.

--Jay