[olug] git frontends

unfy olug at unfy.org
Tue Apr 21 09:42:58 CDT 2015

I've been fiddling with tortoisegit here at work.  Seems to do fine on
Vista64, but it seems to more or less just be layered on top of msysgit
and other stuff. msysgit on v64 required me to install a patched DLL to
get around some crash of some sort.  The repos are on a diff linux box
here at work and not some offsite / commercial host.

Note: I'm horribly inept at git and other such things.  Was fine with
CVS, but... oi.  All of the complications and confusion with "modern"
versioning systems is a tad annoying heh.  Really should just pick up a
'dummies' book or something.

-unfy