[olug] OT: Offsite Backup

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Mon Apr 20 19:56:13 CDT 2015

We've been using Yosemite Tapeware (now from Barracuda) for the past bunch
of years.  Pricing is excellent but I have not used the offisite portion,
but advertising says that it is there.  We go 1.5TB to LTO tape each night,
rotating tapes off site. agents are part of the deal for Unlimited, what we
have.  Don't know current pricing but it was substantially less than Backup
Exec we had been using way back.  On going maintenance/upgrades are very
reasonable though.  http://www.barracudaware.com/products/server-backup

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 6:18 PM, Aric Aasgaard <aric at omahax.com> wrote:

> I remember reading about their storage pod builds.  That doesn't do what I
> need it to do.
>
> I am currently evaluating the Acronis Backup Advanced suite, the $10,000+
> in software licenses is steep but would be much less expensive than what we
> are currently doing.
>
> ....Another thought.  The only difficulty in making my own backup software
> would be the manipulation of the convoluted SharePoint MSSQL and Exchange
> data stores.
>
> Andrew, it is too much, I am not sure it would be a good idea to post
> pricing info to a public list.
> ....for example, how many people would be pissed off if we all posted what
> we paid for Cox business internet?  Everyone seems to pay a different rate
> for the same service and the range in pricing I have seen is crazy.

Best,

Jeff Hinrichs
402.218.1473