[olug] Bash Bug Info

unfy olug at unfy.org
Thu Sep 25 19:39:47 CDT 2014

On 9/25/2014 8:55 AM, Lou Duchez wrote:
> That's a real good point -- I am a little distressed at how these
> vulnerability alerts have demonstrated exactly how to perform the
> exploit, so now it's a race between those of us who have just been
> informed that we need to patch our systems, and those who have just
> been informed HOW to attack our systems.
>
> I think the patch just now became available for Fedora.

See, I'm starting to come up with a way of upgrading the hundreds of
servers I deal with that run a non-standard distro.  There will be no
upstream fix, so I gotta roll my own (and distribute it on my own).

So, like any sane person, I go looking for the sources and such...
obviously from the original source (GNU).

I see a nice tarball from Feb.  And then 25 paches in the patches
directory.  And looking at the patch sources, I probably need to apply
all of them in order.  Talk about irritating.

*sigh*.

onward! (with popcorn, if anyone gets the reference).