[olug] OT: Leaving Verizon? ...for Ting? Net10? Cricket? Other?

Greg Gerke ggerke at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 10:13:27 CDT 2014

It's amazing to call Ting for support and actually get an english speaking
person within 2-3 rings. For those rare times that I've got a recording it
genuinely sounded like they were bummed to have missed the call.

The only thing really wrong with Ting is that it rides on Sprint's network.
If you're in a major city or within eyesight of I80 you're pretty good. If
you stray too far from there (like up to Burwell, NE or down to Crete, NE)
you're out of luck getting a signal. I've also got Vonage and with their
app on my Android phone I can still make a call over wi-fi so that'd be an
option.

But if you're out in the middle of nowhere without wi-fi...? Well, we never
had cellphones back when I was a kid and we seemed to survive ;)