[olug] Best distro for bleeding edge web server and best VPS

Kenton Brede kbrede at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 12:49:26 CST 2014

Amazon's version of Linux on AWS allows for selecting different versions of
packages, from their repository.  You might want to spin up a box there and
take a look.  I don't know if all the packages are the "latest" but they've
got newer packages than RHEL or CentOS, etc.

Alternatively you can always point to other repositories like EPEL to get
new packages.  Or compile your own debs or rpms.
Kent

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 12:16 PM, T. J. Brumfield <enderandrew at gmail.com>
wrote:

> What distro is best at having the latest packages for Apache (or nginx),
> PHP, MYSQL (or MariaDB), etc?
>
> I've put together Fedora and Debian web servers in the past and both seem
> to drag their feet when it comes to keeping up with the latest releases.
>
> Also, I've noticed that InMotion is offering a really cheap VPS but I
> haven't used them in the past. Has anyone here used them?
>
> http://www.inmotionhosting.com/vps-hosting

Kent Brede