[olug] OTish - What is the best WiFi access point

Kevin Lane krlane at hotmail.com
Thu May 29 12:35:04 CDT 2014

I recently purchased the ASUS RT-AC68U. I'm really impressed with the speed and range.once it's configured it's pretty much "hands off" (does not need to be constantlytinkered with or rebooted).
I use the "Merlin" builds of firmware. It's mostly stock, but with bug fixes (he contributes back to ASUS)and a few "features" that the stock version does not have, like SSH, better monitoring, and some performancetweaks.the merlin firmware can be accessed from here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/bkfq2a6aebq68//Asuswrt-Merlinhe has firmware builds for quite a few of the newer ASUS router/access points.
Kevin