[olug] On topicish

Tim Larson larson at towncommons.com
Thu May 29 09:12:30 CDT 2014

On 5/28/2014 3:56 PM, Justin Reiners wrote:
> Is Arch Linux the Gentoo of the 2010s? I downloaded the ISO and was
> greeted by a command prompt, and that is it. Surprise! never looked
> into it before today but hear everyone bless it.

Coming from NetBSD and researching Linux distros, Arch seems like one
I'd be comfortable with. Starting with only a truly "base" install,
adding only what you want with solid package system, to get exactly what
you need and no more - that has appeal. I've thought about using pkgsrc
on Arch, too.

Tim

--
🖖,