[olug] Disappointment and a question ...

unfy olug at unfy.org
Tue May 20 21:39:58 CDT 2014

Started grabbing ideas for checklist...

But in sad news - the Dell Vostro 460 (i7 2600 / h67 chipset) I was
going to throw the new video card into ... well, the Dell BIOS is broken
and the system doesn't post with the card in the system (card works in
the nforce 630i i've mentioned, and an hd6570 works in the Dell....).
It's been a known issues for years and they don't appear to care... so
I'll be fetching a retail motherboard to put in the system... but that
will be a week or two - finances and all.

-Will