[olug] looking for a public read-only sftp server

Justin Reiners justin at hotlinesinc.com
Mon May 19 20:58:13 CDT 2014

I can hook you up Jeff. Have a centos BSD jail with your name on it. Hit me
off list. Sending here in case I go to spam for some reason.
I develop a open source python package, pysftp and I am in need of a
read-only sftp server.  Since it is open source, my testing passwords will
be exposed so read-only is the only thing I realistically want.

I've been using one that has log on info posted all around the web, but I
can't get them to respond to my email acknowledging my request for their
permission.  I want to move away from it, but need a new home.   Any
suggestions or offers?

I'd supply an archive file with the contents of the read-only directory.  a
few directories and some small files.  Probably 4 or 5 directories, and
less than 20 files and symlinks.  Could keep the whole think to about 20K
or less, so even if some knot head decides to go ape, A full recursive pull
would be less than a jpg image.)  No real data in any of the files.  Would
even make the top level readme.txt have a big thank you to the entity
hosting it,  for their support of open source.

http://pysftp.readthedocs.org/en/release_0.2.6/
https://bitbucket.org/dundeemt/pysftp
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pysftp

--