[olug] [OT] portable iscsi bay

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Wed Mar 5 19:50:22 UTC 2014

On 03/05/2014 01:19 PM, Chad Homan wrote:
> Does anyone know of a external drive bay that can
>
>     - 2 notebook drives SATA
>     - Support raid 0
>     - Support iscsi
>     - portable like a small external

I have two Vantec NexStar MX NST-400MX-S3R that I love.  It's a
USB3/eSATA enclosure with dual 3.5" bays at RAID 0/1/JBOD/separates.
Aluminum case.  They handle 2x4TB drives each just fine.  Excellent
customer support from the company when I've asked questions.  I've been
running the enclosures with for about a year now with zero problems.
You can read more about it at:
http://tech.PrairieRim.com/2012/12/carrying-case-for-dual-bay-usb-drive.html

This model doesn't support iSCSI, but they might have a model that
does.  Check out their products page at:
     http://www.vantecusa.com/en/product/index/21

--
*Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth* obiwan at jedi.com <mailto:obiwan at jedi.com>
www.Jedi.com <http://www.jedi.com>