[olug] Just had "johnathan" try to scam me into a teamviewer exploit

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Sat Jul 19 18:16:59 CDT 2014

Just had a cold call scammer, non-native english speaker, identify himself
as from the "Computer Maintenance Department" and had evidence that my
computer was actively being hacked.

I played along to see what he was going to try and do.  Told him I was on
the windoze and asked if the hacker had my password and yahoo email login.
 He said yes.  He was attempting to get me to install teamviewer.  That
doesn't sound too bad, except teamviewer has issues.

http://teamviewerhack.blogspot.com/

Anyone else have a similar experience?

When I busted him, it was pretty funny and he reverted to a deviant twelve
year old mentality.

--
Best,

Jeff Hinrichs