[olug] Fwd: Posting to the OLUG

Kevin Lane krlane at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 6 17:37:47 UTC 2014

A presentation on EFI/UEFI is a good suggestion, and I'dbe willing to give it if the group would like.
Really, EFI/UEFI is not so much an issue, as most of the majorLinux distributions have supported it for a while now.The MAJOR obstacle is "Secure Boot" and how it is implemented.IF you can turn it off (Secure Boot) in your machines BIOS (UEFI), thendo so, and you should not have any problems installing Linux and Windowsalong side each other.Getting Linux to work with Secure Boot is the pain point, and that wouldbe the majority of a presentation on Linux and EFI/UEFI.
Kevin