[olug] OT: drive dock backup solution

Aric Aasgaard aric at omahax.com
Fri Feb 28 20:02:25 UTC 2014

I have not used the models you mentioned.  I have 3 similar docks.
This only one that is reliable is a StarTech model SATDOCK22U3S.  I like
that it has separate power buttons for both drives.

It is REALLY frustrating to start copying a ~2TB virtual machine image that
you need to move to a different building when you leave work only to see
that it has failed when you return to work because your HDD dock flaked out
.

When you get one please let me know how it goes.