[olug] NetworkSolutions and Dynamic DNS

Justin Reiners justin at hotlinesinc.com
Wed Apr 23 16:22:17 UTC 2014

we use dynect, but we pay a premium for it through DYN, running about 20
QPS, no issues at all, very dependable, and blazing fast DNS propagation.
They offer unlimited  dynamic DNS as well. We use it for internal and
external DNS (I know.) but it works great. Have about 7 domains set up with
them, own about 75. Unlimited domains as well. just pay for QPS and extra
services.

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 10:18 AM, Rob Townley <rob.townley at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am on my slow phone and have home repairs that gotta get dine b4 the
> storm, so wont be looking up details.  But had to mention a dynamic dns
> service i had not seen before - dnsExit.{com|org | net}.  DnsExit is free
> but would allow you to have a subdomain exclusive to your account and as
> many hosts ( and maybe even subsubdomains ) as you want.
>
> I do not recall if dnsExit offers   registrar services.  We like
> Moniker.com because easiest to share control of a single domain by multiple
> accounts.
>
> DynDNS.com does have a paid option.
>
> The only reason i have not used dnsExit myself is because it would any kill
> motivation to run my own dynamic dns server.  I want to use dnsSec, public
> certificate resource records,  and public ssh key  or fingerprints resource
> records, and some special vpn related stuff.  If i get personal machine
> setup on Linode or elsewhere, i would have no problem with your zone files
> but that will not be anytime soon.
> On Apr 22, 2014 8:59 PM, "Cheyenne Deal" <deal.cheyenne at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I use Gandi.net for my domains and there are several dynamic ip
> auto-update
> > tools for them, been with them for almost 10 years with no problems
> > On Apr 22, 2014 6:45 PM, "Kevin" <sharpestmarble at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I use no-ip.com and don't have any real complaints. Their free service
> > requires you to solve a capcha every 30 days, with an email reminder,
> > similar to how dyndns.org used to be.
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 5:43 PM, Chris Garrity <chris at glenkirktech.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Network Solutions, a Web.com service .. took over 3 years ago, only the
> > > name remains.

> > NetSol.

> isn't

> > > free.
> 2
> > > but
> > and
> > > got
> > me
> > > and

[image: Hotlines Inc] <http://www.partshotlines.com>

Justin Reiners /
800.308.9712/ Justin at HotlinesInc.com

Hotlines Inc Office: 800.807.2867 / Fax: 800.211.0843
427 E. Kanesville Blvd. Suite 403, Council Bluffs, IA 51503
http://www.partshotlines.com

[image: Google Plus] <http://htmlsig.com/#%23%23%23> [image:
Linkedin]<http://htmlsig.com/#%23%23%23> [image:
Skype] <http://htmlsig.com/jreiners>

This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged
information and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).
Any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the
taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is prohibited.
E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they
can be intercepted, amended, or contain viruses. Anyone who communicates
with us by e-mail is deemed to have accepted these risks. Company Name is
not responsible for errors or omissions in this message and denies any
responsibility for any damage arising from the use of e-mail. Any opinion
and other statement contained in this message and any attachment are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.