[olug] NetworkSolutions and Dynamic DNS

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 16:18:09 UTC 2014

I am on my slow phone and have home repairs that gotta get dine b4 the
storm, so wont be looking up details.  But had to mention a dynamic dns
service i had not seen before - dnsExit.{com|org | net}.  DnsExit is free
but would allow you to have a subdomain exclusive to your account and as
many hosts ( and maybe even subsubdomains ) as you want.

I do not recall if dnsExit offers   registrar services.  We like
Moniker.com because easiest to share control of a single domain by multiple
accounts.

DynDNS.com does have a paid option.

The only reason i have not used dnsExit myself is because it would any kill
motivation to run my own dynamic dns server.  I want to use dnsSec, public
certificate resource records,  and public ssh key  or fingerprints resource
records, and some special vpn related stuff.  If i get personal machine
setup on Linode or elsewhere, i would have no problem with your zone files
but that will not be anytime soon.