[olug] Disappointment and a question ...

olug4mgm at paktronix.com olug4mgm at paktronix.com
Wed Apr 9 15:19:28 UTC 2014

Amen. I tend to only lurk on this list for that very reason.

I personally have run my own distro of Linux for the last two decades
(PakSecured was "officially" announced at LinuxWorld in 1997). But my main
desktop is Mac (OSX 10.6.x only) as it is unix (with a lower case u and no
"i") but yet allows me to run the evil necessities such as Adobe, Quark,
MS, etal. Of course I do spend 75% or so of the time in several terminal
windows. The X remote is somewhat sucky but tolerable. Luckily, PS is a
command line (old style) unix so no need for much Gooey.

Bill is absolutely correct in stating that you need to figure out "what
works for you" and go with it. Anything else is just religion. As an
agnostic I believe in god but not religion as religions are designed to
control man (gender neutral man of course). Just look at the wondrous
flame wars still raging between NET vs Open BSD for the last twenty years
over who allowed MS to steal their networking code. Hint - check the
license and there is no argument...

And if you care to debate any of these points or ask how I got Win98 to
run under DosEMU back in the day, please let us take such a discussion off
list as it likely serves not the wonderful community represented herein
of whom I am proud to be a member.

PS forever!

mgm

Matthew G. Marsh, JD, NSA, CISA, CISSP