[olug] Disappointment and a question ...

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Sat Apr 5 04:56:06 UTC 2014

I had/have issues with flash but not because of the OS. ;)  I live in linux
as my main desktop and only remote into a virtual windows box when I have
to admin my windows network at work.  We keep the MS tax to a minimum at my
company, even windows desktops run openoffice, but most just use Google
Docs.  We threw out exchange and migrated to gmail and apps a few years
back.

for my $0.02, there is no reason to run either M$ or iO$ unless you require
an app that only runs on one of those two con systems, oops I mean
operating systems.  I've got chrome, firefox, and sublime.  I write code
primarily in Python and HTML/javasccript   All of which run pretty much
everywhere.  The shell in iO$ is superior to m$ but since I don't spend my
time listening to tunes and obsessing about my desktop background, and
twirly wheels to amuse me while I'm waiting for my apps to load or my
system to reboot because I just plugged in a new mouse.  I've got three
screens and 4 desktops worth of stuff going on that keeps my employer happy
about paying me to do my job.  Man I love xfce on ubuntu.  It just stays
the h#!! out of my way -- the way a Desktop/OS should.  The less I have to
concern myself with an OS the more I like it.  Just like the IT industry in
general, when we are doing are jobs the right way, nobody notices us.  I
mean really, windows is so last century.  And apple -- just what does it
bring to the table besides bling for bucks and to show what a good consumer
you are?   Apple is the over-priced Air Jordans of computers and consumer
devices.  People pay too much for them and then they worry about free trade
chocolate?   total face-palm!  sorry, starting to hyper ventilate here <g>
 I'll go outside to cool down and look at my neighbors' 4 wheel/all wheel
drive vehicles they need to get them across the metro and Interstate
system.  Can't let snow stop you from getting to Applebees.

best,
Jeff

Best,

Jeff Hinrichs