[olug] Server silo

Charles Bird cbird.omaha at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 04:12:00 UTC 2013

I cannot speak of most local colos, I am curious to learn more though.(I
use linode in TX DC + Goog VMs)

IMO I would go to Joe's Datacenter within 1102 grand in KC.
One can get diverse power, a selection of networks(or bring your own in via
riser floor) and its cheap.
If you wanna be reallllly cheap, you can colo a mid tower sometimes with
some mostly good cogent/hurricane electric.

Highest risk within Joes from what I know of it would be, a single crac
going out and temp in section of room/suite/cage could go up 10F.(oh well)
They do have customized piping that can be placed in whatevar area you want
to treat with chilled airflow.