[olug] Upgrading to Ubuntu 13.10?

Sam Tetherow tetherow at shwisp.net
Tue Nov 19 17:32:02 UTC 2013

Desktop is completely hosed, I have to start up metacity and gnome-panel
manually from the console. Suspend no longer works, sound is flakey in
some apps.  I get quite a few gnome crash reports.  I haven't spent a
lot of time trying to resolve the issues.  It will be easier to do a
fresh install and copy data back to the machine.  It has been a long
time since I have done the update manager to switch versions and now I
remember why :)