[olug] boot from USB stick probs

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 19:15:03 UTC 2013

Here are some other things i do:

Firmware update for Motherboard and DVD.

Try a different USB stick altogether, better yet a sdcard.

Maybe it was plop, maybe not, but there is a boot from CD to then pick the
USB stick that has worked for me on DL380 servers and a not so old desktop
machine.  This is your bet in your case after firmware.  CD boot that
launches the DVD image from the DVD drive or a USB stick.

CentOS x64 only told me that i did not meet 64bit requirements when i
booted from the full image, all the other usb  and LiveCD varieties just
hung.  Is it a 64bit cpu? Motherboard? 64bit chipset?

PXE server such as URANOS is always nice to have on a LAN or GB internet.

P.S. I have used MultiSystem on Ubuntu to create bootable usb.