[olug] OT: local Evernote

Jason Troy jason.troy at gmail.com
Tue May 28 18:25:13 UTC 2013

If your friend is paranoid, stop worrying about the cloud and look at
making sure encryption is being done before hitting the cloud.
Bottom line: Evernote is not paranoia friendly.

06 Mar 2013 They briefly discussed storage of data in Evernote (informally
comparing to storing in lastpass).
https://www.grc.com/sn/sn-394.htm

Leo: What type of encryption does Evernote do? Yeah, 64-bit. "We derive a
64-bit RC2 key from your passphrase and use this to encrypt the text. This
is the longest symmetric key length permitted by U.S. Export."

Steve: Oh, my goodness. That's why.

Leo: That's why.

Steve: That's no longer true, though, Leo.

Leo: I thought that that changed.

-- JT