[olug] Centos

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Fri May 24 17:42:01 UTC 2013

The main reason CentOS got behind was that several different upgrades for
CentOS 4, 5, and 6 were released by RedHat all-at-once or over a short
timespan.  The build mechanism for 6 changed drastically and iirc, RedHat
released a bugfix for the build mechanism.  Why not just get support from
RedHat.  Their cloud management offering promises a great deal that i would
like to have - not sure what is called in CentOS yet.