[olug] Gigabit Internet

Aric aric at omahax.com
Thu May 9 20:36:52 UTC 2013

"Last payment to cox hasn't been made and they are not asking"

Be careful they have done that to me twice.  When I moved to switched from
Cox to TCONL in about 2000 I canceled my service with Cox and everything
seemed OK.  I added Cox in about 2004 and everything was OK, I had no
problems.  I moved in 2007 and when I called to get service again they
said I owed them $660 because I didn't return my modem from 10 years ago.
I settled with them by paying them $100 for the modem......

Then last week I got a call from a collections agency saying I owed Cox
$30.  I told the Lady on the phone that I have Cox and pay my bill every
month.  Apparently this bill was from 2007.  They must have thought there
were 2 different customers in Omaha named Aric Aasgaard.

My point is that it is probably a good idea to get that bill removed by
their acknowledgment of poor service so they don't ask for it in 10 years.