[olug] Gigabit Internet

Sheldon, Roger W Roger.Sheldon at firstdata.com
Tue May 7 12:54:04 UTC 2013

Would def agree with you Justin, fiber is and can be stable and HA. Cox business gives you higher headroom and allows more protocols & services to be ran from the assigned IP's. It's still a shared network I believe so you prob won't see all the bandwidth allocated. I helped a local business with some network issues went with cox fiber, against my advice. A few months and $$ later went back to copper. I am by no means a network guy but last year the price they paid and what they were getting .... pathetic. Bandwidth, latency and uptime was pathetic. Fiber is the way to go but I think the way cox manages the fiber to residential is .... less than desirable. Really great feeling to see Century in there driving competition and still waiting to have 1G copper in Papillion :(

Roger Sheldon
Storage Engineer
wk 402.777.7901
cell 402.889.2585