[olug] [OT] Purchase new cell phones WITHOUT contract?

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Tue May 7 04:21:48 UTC 2013

i got a replacement Droid X2 free-of-charge from Verizon because i pay for
the insurance.  The insurance is not just insurance, it _extends_ the
warranty:)  By filing a warranty claim, there was no $99 deductible.
$0.00
i had totally forgotten.

i have not done it yet, but TradeTang.com seems to be a direct from China
website that has some cheap prices, but they have many devices that look
like smartphones that may just have WiFi.