[olug] Gigabit Internet

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Tue May 7 02:20:48 UTC 2013

i hope CenturyLink does something smart like use their existing copper
infrastructure to power their fiber equipment and provide backup power when
OPPD goes down.

CON: COX Fiber goes to a different tenant in our building, so i enquired a
little over a year ago.  COX's fiber optic speed was slower than COAX,
especially on upload and the price was extremely extremely high.

PRO: If you can swallow a 5year contract with COX Business, COX prices
improve.