[olug] Gigabit Internet

Aric Aasgaard aric at omahax.com
Sun May 5 04:05:28 UTC 2013

Justin, I had to have them re-provision my modem.
I was getting 8 channels down and 4 up and sill only 50 down 20 up until I
had them re-provision it.

I am uploading so my up results are low on these

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2688475399.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2688475895.png

You need to bad ass router, and I highly recommend SSD drives.  Without
cache optimization, your spinny drives will be the bottleneck with torrents.
I am using a dual, dual core 2GHz Sossaman Xeon pfSense box with an Intel
Gigabit dual port sever card and a raptor drive and I am at 40% CPU
utilization on it when I max my connection on torrents.