[olug] Arch Linux Mirror in Omaha?

Aaron Grothe ajgrothe at yahoo.com
Sat May 4 22:07:25 UTC 2013

Hey Guys,

Just doing an install of Arch Linux this weekend.  I was going through the Mirror list and came across the following:

http://hive.ist.unomaha.edu/arch/linux/$repo/os/$arch

hitting http://hive.ist.unomaha.edu - lead to a pretty fast local mirror for gentoo/ubuntu/arch and debian, as well as the gnu project.  It isn't currently a valid Debian repo as wheezy hasn't been updated in something like 50 days.  Did download ubuntu 13.04 at blazing speed though :-)

Looks to be setup as a real repo as it has been registered with gentoo/arch/ubuntu, etc.  Hopefully the Debian will start syncing.  It'd be nice to be able to do apt-get upgrade from a server I can almost see from my house.

Thanks to the University for donating the bandwidth storage space.

Regards,

Aaron
0-0-0
"The Journey is the Reward" - Old Zen Buddhist Saying