[olug] OT: Custom USB Drives

Aaron Grothe ajgrothe at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 31 08:47:03 UTC 2013

Hey Guys,

Know it is off topic.  Wondering if anybody knows of a service that will do custom USB drives for you at a reasonable price:

Goals

o - On Demand, don't want stocking
o - Drop Shipping - don't want to double ship
o - Able to load custom software on the device, pretty small image really
o - Ability to do CD-Roms a plus, software can probably ship either way
o - Custom logo would be nice but is not that important to the project

I think lulu used to do this, but it looks like they are just doing books now.  Taking a quick peek at Cafepress suggests they aren't doing USB drives anymore either.

Know this is a weird one, but would appreciate any pointers.  Yes I did google this before sending out to the list :-)

Looking to do a quick project and I'd like a way for people to be able to support the project easily and also the project is designed to be Muggle-friendly so being able to buy it pre-installed on a USB stick would make it a lot easier for people.

Still working on project and it might flame out in a biblical fashion but isn't that what makes life fun???

Thanks,

Aaron
0-0-0
"The Journey is the Reward" - Old Zen Buddhist Saying