[olug] Ubuntu Installation

Jay Bendon jaybocc2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 20:53:11 UTC 2013

Hi Walt,

No reason to abandon the wonderful world of Debian (ubuntu is a less
wonderful world) for fedoraland, unless of course you feel like you want
to. ;)

What version is your realtek nic?  I have issues with r8169 (to put
it accurately  its broke as fuck.) and have to blacklist and remove it
every time ubuntu decides to !@#$ing update something and instead i
use r8168 which works flawlessly.

I have a script setup to do this at boot.

You may be experiencing the same issue, if so i'd be more than happy to
share my experiences with you.

--Jay