[olug] Ipv6 help/pointers

Shawn L. Djernes shawn at djernes.org
Thu Jul 25 00:14:52 UTC 2013

No, you can't NAT but there are what is called private addresses which use hashes to generate a random address for your computer's portion of the IPv6 address. The address is used for outgoing requests so your MAC addresses are not known.

Windows Vista, 7 and Ubuntu 12+ do this by default.

---
Shawn L. Djernes
SD Consulting
E-mail: sdjernes at gmail.com