[olug] Verizon vs... who?

Jason Troy jason.troy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 01:41:23 UTC 2013

I keep opening support tickets with Sprint for data speeds < 50k in Omaha.
Almost immediately speeds jump to 150-180k ... but quickly degrade. At this
point, I'm willing to break my 2yr/3 line contract - but need a better
option than ting/vzn. BTW, 3 smartphones + tether/hotspot + taxes ~$240/mo.
So sad they are alienating their customers because I've been w/Sprint /
been a shareholder since ~96. They talked about 4G here for years and have
since committed to LTE instead. By the time they upgrade their system, it
will be slow. 3g in Lincoln is usually at least more reliable than OMAs
15k. Of course as I sit here typing this, my phone bounced over to 4g for a
bit. Only got 3.0/0.5 for speeds and very choppy before it reverted back to
3g.

--JT