[olug] Cost effective enterprise backup

Justin Reiners justin at hotlinesinc.com
Tue Jan 29 03:07:19 UTC 2013

Currently we are using avamar at cosentry to do backups. If you want to
call it that, we want to fond something a little more user friendly and
cost effective. I have been looking at acronis vmprotect for our VMware
architecture (6 hosts) 50 some VMs. 40 some Linux servers, 5 windows
servers. What is everyone out the in the corporate world using?  Avamar has
issues of restoring to the same machine and 1gb during work hours.

I plan on backing up to disk. And taking backup copies off site. I would
love bare metal for physical machines, something avamar does not have.