[olug] Fwd: Linux Web Server Hardening (LAMP + Wiki)

Barry Von Ahsen barry at vonahsen.com
Tue Jan 29 02:46:17 UTC 2013

I'm assuming your wiki is mediawiki, others probably have similar pages:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Security

if the primary component is the wiki, the above is probably sufficient.
 for additional LAMP components, I install apache with minimal addons,
disable the libraries I don't need (debian and ubuntu make this
especially easy), and for PHP I add mod_security and php-suhosin.  DOD
has a good guide for apache also.

some of these may make the wiki unusable without extra tweaking, but
that tweaking is what helps you learn :)

-barry