[olug] htpc's was: All-in-one computers

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Tue Jan 29 02:52:18 UTC 2013

Does plex support Myth? or replace it?  I use the MythBox plugin on xbmc to
frontend Myth around the house.  You can not only watch recorded shows but
schedule/manage and watch live tv over it.

I've had a number of "steaming" boxes (dlink, neuros, others..) and have
always found them to be less than desired.  Running XBMC on linux on the
smallest platform has always had the most flexibility.  Before the myth
plugin for XBMC, I had myth record, strip commercials  re-encode, name and
drop the result out on my NAS for XBMC to view.  With the plugin, that
complexity is gone.

Best,

Jeff Hinrichs
402.218.1473