[olug] All-in-one computers

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 17:00:41 UTC 2013

I installed OpenSUSE on my mother's all-in-one about two years back. All
the hardware worked just fine, including the touch-screen except for one
small problem.

With newer releases, the intel video driver doesn't support the resolution
of the screen. Older kernels (without KMS) and older intel drivers work
just fine. So I can't update her computer.

I filed it as a distro and kernel bug and never heard back on either.