No subject

Mon Aug 12 20:06:32 UTC 2013

before the serial number is iffy at best.

Good luck!  I guess you can always re-sell the circuit board if it doesn't
work, and if it does work you have the HDD back.

If it is saying "No OS found", have you tried SpinRite?  It did resurrect a
dead HDD of mine a few months ago -- long enough to get the data off and
replace.

Dan

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Irish <irish.masms at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the process of backing up my system the last few days, it decided to
> freeze right in the middle of a full backup. Reboot the system to the
> dreaded 'no OS found' - AAARRGGHH!!!!
>
> So, before sending it to drivesavers and have them charge me $$$$$, I am
> attempting to do some drive forensics and need the circuit board for
> Seagate
> Barracuda 7200.10 320Gb - firmware 3.AAD, site code TK, P/N 9BJ04G-305.
> Hopefully putting a known good board on mine will get access to the drive &
> data, allow me to finish the backup, wipe the drive & send it back for the
> RMA.
>
> Anyone have a spare around, or know where I can score one? TIA!
>
> Irish

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov (Author)