No subject

Mon Aug 12 20:06:32 UTC 2013

it appears that ESX is happy enough with some of the SATA controllers that
use the SCSI driver.

That page lists that a "Adaptec 2610SA" and the "Dell Cerc 1.5/6ch" cards
are compatible as far as the installer goes.  The Adaptec/Dell card are
fairly cheap on eBay - anywhere from $80 to $150 - and are a true hardware
RAID from what I can tell.

Now for my question...

Does anyone have a server with either of those cards installed that I
could persuade to boot off of the ESX iso install image (note 1) and see
if it complains about the HDDs or continues?

Dan

Note 1: ESX Server 3 install image iso link:
http://www.vmware.com/download/vi/eval.html

- - - -
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot,
jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-- Ed Howdershelt (Author)

"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov (Author)
20, ASLET, 868, Beyond Hope, Lebed, 7, LABLINK
chaining, COCOT, beef, 15kg, Middleman, Ionosphere, Blackbird
FDM, MYK, Locks, ISS, Asset, credit card, SUSLO