No subject

Mon Aug 12 20:06:32 UTC 2013

updates when needed.  (Sycoca is KDE's System Configuration Cache)  Again,
having multiple copies of this running at any one time probably isn't be a
big deal if you are running the KDE desktop or KDE applications.

>     I run a local, moderately controversial website:
> progressiveomaha.com.  My question is: do these sound like normal
> linux/mandriva errors, or am I somehow the target of a cracker?

If you're still concerned, but can't place your finger on the problem you
might want instal "chkrootkit" (http://www.chkrootkit.org/) or "Rootkit
Hunter" (http://www.rootkit.nl/projects/rootkit_hunter.html).

Check out some of the suggestions in this Ubuntu thread:

Good luck!

Dan

- - - -
"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, time." -- Pericles
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov
"Soon we will be able to harness the rotational energy from Orwell's grave
to solve all world energy problems." -- /. user GigsVT (208848)
GPG fingerprint:6FFD DB94 7B96 0FD8 EADF  2EE0 B2B0 CC47 4FDE 9B68