[olug] DoveCot

Sam Flint harmonicnm7h at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 15:44:44 UTC 2013

doveconf -n:

# 2.0.9: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
doveconf: Warning: NOTE: You can get a new clean config file with: doveconf
-n > dovecot-new.conf
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:1:
protocols=imaps is no longer necessary, remove it
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:1:
protocols=pop3s is no longer necessary, remove it
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:5:
ssl_cert_file has been replaced by ssl_cert = <file
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:6:
ssl_key_file has been replaced by ssl_key = <file
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:8:
namespace private {} has been replaced by namespace { type=private }
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:24: add
auth_ prefix to all settings inside auth {} and remove the auth {} section
completely
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:25:
auth_user has been replaced by service auth { user }
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:27: passdb
sql {} has been replaced by passdb { driver=sql }
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:31: userdb
static {} has been replaced by userdb { driver=static }
# OS: Linux 3.8.4-linode50 i686 CentOS release 6.2 (Final) ext3
log_timestamp = "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S "
mail_location = maildir:/home/vmail/%d/%n/Maildir
namespace {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  prefix = INBOX.
  separator = .
  type = private
}
passdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf
  driver = sql
}
protocols = imap pop3
service auth {
    group = postfix
    mode = 0660
    user = postfix
  }
  unix_listener auth-master {
    mode = 0600
    user = vmail
  }
  user = root
}
ssl_cert = </etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.pem
ssl_key = </etc/pki/dovecot/private/dovecot.pem
userdb {
  args = uid=5000 gid=5000 home=/home/vmail/%d/%n allow_all_users=yes
  driver = static
}
protocol lda {
  auth_socket_path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
  log_path = /home/vmail/dovecot-deliver.log
  postmaster_address = postmaster at flintfam.org
}
protocol pop3 {
  pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
}

end doveconf -n

There you go.

Sam

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Lou Duchez <lou at paprikash.com> wrote:

> You're going to have to post some configuration before anyone's going to
> have an idea what's going on.  Can you run "doveconf -n" and post the
> results?
>

>  Well, I have dovecot setup according to this guide:
>> http://library.linode.com/**email/postfix/dovecot-mysql-**centos-5<http://library.linode.com/email/postfix/dovecot-mysql-centos-5>
>>
>> and when I telnet to the server, i get this message:
>> * OK Waiting for authentication process to respond..
>>
>> Any ideas?

Sam Flint
flintfam.org/~swflint