[olug] [omaha] Laptop Recommendations

Jay Bendon jaybocc2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 04:46:24 UTC 2012

As for wireless routers, i haven't looked into anything in a long time, but
i still swear up and down by my Asus RT-N16 with dd-wrt (
http://www.amazon.com/RT-N16-Wireless-N-Maximum-Performance-single/dp/B00387G6R8)
though my coworker just picked up asus's latest offering in wireless
routers for $120~ and it comes preinstalled with openWRT i believe, which
is pretty nice and he says its pretty solid aswell.

fwiw my rt-n16 has a lot of muscle and hasn't failed me, nor has it been
incapable of handling what i throw at it.

i stream from my blu ray player, ps3, multiple android phones and laptops /
chromebooks inside my household with no issues. Granted only 3-6 devices
are active at one time since its just me and my wife and we have to speak
to each other once in a while... ;)

--Jay