[olug] PHP obfuscators / compilers?

Dave Rowe dave at roweware.com
Thu Oct 25 13:38:55 UTC 2012

Typically obfuscation, like serial keys, is used to keep honest people
honest.  What is built with 1's and 0's can usually be broken with 1's
and 0's - it's just a matter of moving the line just far enough to
make the dollar cost be less than the cost of reverse engineering /
unraveling obfuscation.

With either ionCube or Zend Guard, I believe you can encode packages
with licenses such that the obfuscation is unique to each customer,
and only their license decodes it.

-Dave