[olug] [OT] Any recommendations for a good hobbyist soldering station?

Timothy Goshinski tgoshinski at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 20:47:47 UTC 2012

I am also beginning to play with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and even a FEZ
Panda, but I have quickly realized what a piece of excrement my little
plug-in Radio Shack iron is.  I've seen a lot of different soldering
stations out there ranging from crazy-cheap to seriously expensive and the
user reviews seem to be all over the board so I am having trouble
separating the signal from noise.  Ideally I would like to find a
dependable rig that won't break the bank since it will not be in constant
use.

Thanks,
Tim

  --=
                =--
Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell. -* Edward
Abbey*