[olug] Fwd: Re: VPN

Jon Steckelberg jonsteckelberg at cox.net
Wed Nov 14 18:32:23 UTC 2012

A windows server, SBS 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [olug] VPN
Date: 	Tue, 13 Nov 2012 13:24:57 -0600
From: 	Jason N <dashrender at cox.net>
To: 	Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>

What is your office using for a VPN termination point?  Cisco PIX/ASA or a windows server, etc.

---- Jon Steckelberg <jonsteckelberg at cox.net> wrote:
I have a question for you all.  The company I work for has windows based
systems.  We contract out our IT to Midwest Technology Solutions Inc.
here locally.  They do not have any Linux expertise on staff.  I
personally use Linux Mint on all my computers.  Now for my question, I
would like to VPN into the work network from my Linux Mint 13 laptop.
What is the best way to set this up?  I know this is a complicated issue
and if anyone would like to contact me directly please do.
Thanks
jonsteckelberg at cox.net