[olug] HDTV Antenna recommendation

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Mon May 14 19:06:05 UTC 2012

>>> Looking for an hdtv antenna -- I've got an hd homerun showing up today and
>>> I'm looking for a hdtv antenna.  I live in NW Omaha so if you have one and
>>> like it please let me know.
>>> I'm extending my myth/xbmc set up.
>>
>> The Philips Silver Sensor was the king of set-top antennas...
>> but I'm told it's been discontinued.
>
> I'm planning on mounting it in the attic of the garage, from what I've
> read on line the RCA 751 is getting good reviews.  Anyone use it?  Looks
> like I'm going to have to order it as I can't find a local source.

Never tried that one, but let us know how it works out.  I'll have to
do a different antenna setup when we move this winter.

My current setup uses a 2x2' square grid mounted to a post in my attic.
I bought it locally many years ago (before most of the country had ever
yeard of digital TV), so I'm not even sure of the brand.  It works well,
though.  I'm in Lincoln, and it pulls in Omaha stations wondefully.
I had to put an in-line amp up in the attic to combat signal attenuation
by the time the cable snaked down to my basement & back up to the TV.

--
Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth    obiwan at jedi.com    PrairieRimImages.com