[olug] Questions

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Thu May 3 20:35:44 UTC 2012

Digging through existing documentation and then playing with the software
in question is not only useful for learning, but also useful for
determining where the documentation falls short or is out of date. You can
contribute back while learning at the same time.

Perhaps pick an area where people still have issues. Sound is sadly still a
bit of a mess in Linux. Reading through support forums and documentation
can give you an idea how to troubleshoot those problems, how to configure
ALSA/PulseAudio/etc, and how it all works.