[olug] [OT] My friend has a broken hard drive

Matthew Botts mbotts00 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 03:38:37 UTC 2012

There are a few free Linux recovery utilities out there free of charge. I'm
not sure of the amount of damage my next method of recovery could cause,
but I've had great success with it depending on the type of failure. Toss
it into the freezer with a usb controller, and cable out the door. It
really depends on the amount you really want to spend vs the importance of
the data.