[olug] Roku vs Boxee

Steve Busby steve.busby at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 01:20:41 UTC 2012

I switched my MythTV to a MacMini running Plex last year when I cancelled cable.

After several emails with Cox support, I found I can download all the
torrents I want, as long as I don't upload any content.

So I run "TVShows" to monitor when the torrents are available, it
feeds them to "Transmission", which does the downloading (but NO
uploading). Plex monitors the download directory and indexes several
times a day.

I have to occasionally manually delete watched shows to free up drive
space, but doing so weekly only takes 10 minutes or so.

BuzB